Sider Family Blog

Boy (Brad) meets girl (Pam). Boy and girl get married (1999). Boy and girl have a baby (Lily, 2002), and another (Ella, 2005), and another (Abigail, 2008), and another (Levi, 2009). Boy and girl get a dog (Charlie Brown, 2010). Boy and girl and kids and dog live in Toronto. Boy works at Evergreen (Yonge Street Mission). Girl stays at home with the kids and works part-time at Starbucks. And they all live happily ever after...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Father's Day


This is me and my dad. I was trying to show him around our new computer and thought that I would take the opportunity to snag a picture of us using the web cam... in hopes that I would be able to post something for Father’s Day.

If you ever wonder why I am the way I am, it’s because of him. Jeans and a t-shirt are a staple in my closet, because that’s what he wears. Backgammon is my favourite game, because it’s his. My radio is set to the oldie station, because that’s what he’s listening to. I’m a hard worker, because he always went above and beyond. He’s pretty great. Looking back I can see that he did his best, and like the saying goes, knew best. I love him very much, and wouldn’t trade him in for anything.

I’m also fortunate for having a great father-in-law. My favourite moment is when he sang at our wedding. I didn’t think that I was nervous, but once I was up at the front, my legs were shaking. He sang “The Lord’s Prayer”. He has this deep George Beverly Shea voice, and as I listened, I stopped shaking. That was almost 7 years ago. Even today, when I’m in a situation where I’m feeling a little shaky, I try to imagine him singing that song, and it calms me down every time. Thanks Dad!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home