Sider Family Blog

Boy (Brad) meets girl (Pam). Boy and girl get married (1999). Boy and girl have a baby (Lily, 2002), and another (Ella, 2005), and another (Abigail, 2008), and another (Levi, 2009). Boy and girl get a dog (Charlie Brown, 2010). Boy and girl and kids and dog live in Toronto. Boy works at Evergreen (Yonge Street Mission). Girl stays at home with the kids and works part-time at Starbucks. And they all live happily ever after...

Monday, September 18, 2006

The Sound of Silence (aka. Lily's First Week at School)

Lily just finished her very first week of school. It sounds like she's really enjoying it. Grandma Norman came down and we all walked Lily to her first day. Lily brought home her first craft (a magnet for our fridge so her school stuff is always on display). She has seen most of the different rooms in the school (computer room, gym, library, and the office... not because she's already getting in trouble - just to drop off the attendance sheet). She has played at most of the play stations in her classroom (kitchen, puppets, painting, playdough, reading, and blocks... at least these are the only stations she has mentioned so far). Her favourite thing to do at school is having snack when she is sitting between her new friends Emilie and Hazel. After school this past Friday, Lily came out and told me she's going on a Field Trip to an Apple Farm... she is soooo excited!!

I'm not like the Mom's you hear about dropping off their kids and crying because their little babies growing up so fast. The biggest change for me is getting used to how quiet my afternoons are. When you have kids, you don't hear quiet very often. It's a strange thing to get used to. I'm trying to change Ella to only having one nap a day (in the afternoon when Lily is at school), so it's even more quiet. Unfortunately I haven't been able to use this time to rest myself yet. I try to take advantage of this time to do my "Mom" stuff. I'm still trying to figure out my daily routine. Our place is normally cleaned during this time, and then I try to have a quick shower before Ella wakes up, and then off to pick up Lily.

Last night there was an information meeting at the school. It gave me a chance to go and look around Lily's classroom, and speak with her teacher, Mrs. Ovadia. It was reaffirming to know that she is doing well, getting along with the other students... especially Hazel. I was even asked if the girls knew each other before they came to school, which they hadn't, because they just "clicked". Mrs. Ovadia did say that it's nice that they have a such a close friendship, but that this makes them "chatty", and has had to separate them once. I can't say I'm too surprised! I guess we'll have to work on that a bit.

Pictures of Lily's first day of school will be posted soon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home