Sider Family Blog

Boy (Brad) meets girl (Pam). Boy and girl get married (1999). Boy and girl have a baby (Lily, 2002), and another (Ella, 2005), and another (Abigail, 2008), and another (Levi, 2009). Boy and girl get a dog (Charlie Brown, 2010). Boy and girl and kids and dog live in Toronto. Boy works at Evergreen (Yonge Street Mission). Girl stays at home with the kids and works part-time at Starbucks. And they all live happily ever after...

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Today's Special... Dirt & Worms

My sister Heather comes over to visit once or twice a week. I would say that she's visiting me, but I think that really she is here for my girls. Because of Heather, there is a "Lily's Beauty Shop". Since my first mention on this site there has been a swell of clients waiting to be pampered by Miss. Lily. Due to the increase in clients, we have just completed some much needed expansion renovations. You will notice that there is now a waiting area, decked out with magazines to browse through. The new beauty tabletop showcases all the varieties of nail polish options for your manicure and/or pedicure. We also have a tv for you to stay up-to-date on all your favourite shows. There must have been a back order on the stools, and that's why Heather, and the rest of Lily's clients are on the floor. I assure you that this is only temporary, and we are sorry for the inconvenience. Ella is the newest employee, and is responsible for reception. She is currently in her cosmetology training right now, so doesn't have any clients at this time.

In addition to the beauty shop, I am pleased to make you aware of the hottest eating spot in the world, "Lily's Diner". I think it was two weeks ago that Heather was over and thought it would be a good idea to introduce Lily to one of her favourite dishes, Dirt & Worms. At first Lily thought that wouldn't be a very good idea, and then she found out what the ingredients would be: chocolate pudding, Oreo cookie crumbles and gummy worms. Here are some pictures of Lily taking our orders and the finished product.

What will Lily do next? Stay tuned.....

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see there have been some major upgrades to "Lily's Beauty Parlour" Wow! Looking good! Ella looks like she has taken over Lily's job. Ella you had a good teacher! Is Nathan getting his nails done, too? He is a good addition to the beauty parlour. Dirt and worms? Yum! Yum!! It looks like everyone is having a great time. Heather, Ella has made you more gorgeous than ever!! :} love, Don & Pat XOXOXO

10:14 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand that "word of mouth" is the best type of advertising so I figure it's about time I put in a good word for "Lily's Beauty Shop". I have been going to the shop since it first opened and I have been very pleased with the results. This is the only Beauty Shop that I frequent to have my nails done. I often go home looking as though my nails are much longer than when I came into the shop (read: I have nail polish all over my fingers too). I am also impressed with the new staff, Ella. It won't be long before she will be able to run the shop all on her own (if the owner will let her).

So, if you haven't already stopped by for a manicure, I'd definately recommemd Lily's Beauty Shop.

10:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home