Sider Family Blog

Boy (Brad) meets girl (Pam). Boy and girl get married (1999). Boy and girl have a baby (Lily, 2002), and another (Ella, 2005), and another (Abigail, 2008), and another (Levi, 2009). Boy and girl get a dog (Charlie Brown, 2010). Boy and girl and kids and dog live in Toronto. Boy works at Evergreen (Yonge Street Mission). Girl stays at home with the kids and works part-time at Starbucks. And they all live happily ever after...

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sidetracked

It's been 8 months since my last blog. Like the title of this post, I've been a little sidetracked. My friend, who has 3 kids under the age of 2, started her very own family blog. If she can do it, I figured it was time to get back at it. With more than just 1 or 2 posts per year.

Since it has been a while, I have no idea where to start.  I picked a couple of pictures to share.  I guess that's as good a place as any to start.


It's a BOY! Finally!! Levi Andrew Sider was born on August 20, 2009. He is already 6 months, so a lot bigger than the 7 lbs 10 oz he started out as. I guess the saying "good things come to those who wait", is true.  He is my dream.

Lily is also in this picture, so I'll talk about her next.  Now 7 1/2, and in the middle of grade 2.  She's in French Immersion and giggles at Brad's and my broken French.  She loves to make new friends and play the Wii.  Some family favourite games to play are Mario Cart, and Just Dance.


Here's Ella walking with Grandpa "Boo" to her first day of JK.  I have a similar picture of Lily on her first day walking with my Mom.  I've always liked that shot.  We're not walking to school anymore as I was able to switch her to Lily's school.  The drop off and pick ups at two different locations with two little ones already in tow were proving to be difficult, even in nice weather.  It has been a life saver to have the girls at the same school and they like to give eachother Hi-5's in the hall.  It's taken Ella a while to learn the names of the kids in her class, but we know that she has been learning a lot since September.  Just ask her about healthy food to eat and germs!  These are her two favourite topics.  Turns out that she is also the only kid in her class to never get a "strike" from her teacher.  Way to go!


All four crazies.  Everyone, thankfully, gets along.



It's a BOY!  My sister Heather thought that we were crazy adding a puppy to our family, probably still thinks so!  She told me that she would have been less surprised if we had told her we were going to have another baby.  (Not going to happen!  Although, I think I said that after #3...)  We brought Charlie Brown home with us at the beginning of January.  It's been a bit of an adjustment, but can see a big improvement.  The girls are still learning when it's the right time to play and cuddle.  We have a bit of a routine now, but it probably could use a bit of fine tuning.  We've had lots of help from my cousin Christy and her dog Peanut, and of course PVR'd Cesar Millan "The Dog Whisperer".  Charlie is a Chocolate Lab and Boxer mix, now almost 4 months old.

Other news, only two more days and Brad is off on Paternity Leave.  Thankfully the government offers this to Dad's and we'll be off together for 2 1/2 months.  Along with some extra family time and special outings, we're also going to be renovating our basement.  The basement is already finished, but slightly dated, and there is no insulation.  Stay tuned for before, during and after shots of our new space.  I'm looking forward to this new adventure as we're trying to do the majority of the work ourselves... and maybe some help from our friends.... please volunteer!  :D

So, I think that sums it up for now.  Post #1 for 2010 is complete.


3 Comments:

Blogger Jaime's Blog said...

that shot of Ella, she look soo little, she has grown so much over this year. Glad to have you back.

7:55 a.m.  
Blogger J Roc said...

YEAH PAM!!! Glad to see you're back online:) Now, we have to convince Amy Marshall to start one:)

oxox

5:26 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Adorable puppy!!! I have been looking forward to getting one as well, except on small problem- we recently found out Colin is allergic to dog saliva :-(

7:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home