Sider Family Blog

Boy (Brad) meets girl (Pam). Boy and girl get married (1999). Boy and girl have a baby (Lily, 2002), and another (Ella, 2005), and another (Abigail, 2008), and another (Levi, 2009). Boy and girl get a dog (Charlie Brown, 2010). Boy and girl and kids and dog live in Toronto. Boy works at Evergreen (Yonge Street Mission). Girl stays at home with the kids and works part-time at Starbucks. And they all live happily ever after...

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dear Yonge & Park Home,

Looking back over the four years this store has been open, I think I can safely say that this is the best team ever!  You all know it too!  Can't you feel it's different when you phantom or move to another store?

I appreciate each and every one of you.  At one time or another each of you have picked me up... backed me up when it's been busy, encouraged me with a talk, a hug, or a laugh.  

A lot has changed for me personally over the years, and you have helped me through it.  You know that once I leave the store I'm a busy Mom. The store has been my "grown-up" time, and a getaway from my Mom responsibilities.  

I'm fairly quiet about my personal life, so most of you won't know that 8 months after the store opened, I lost my Mom to cancer.  Diagnosed in early October and then died in February.  The store showed me support by giving me the time off I needed, but also raised some money for the Cancer Society in honour of my Mom.  Most recently, my sister had a bone marrow transplant.  Although most of the partners were different from before, the team continued to stand by me with notes of encouragement.  

You have all supported me during two pregnancies, and believe it or not, you've all prepared me for the "better and worst" of being a Mom!  I've seen you all change too.  You're making wise and hard decisions, working towards something and getting it, whether its a promotion or graduating from school.  As a Mom, I'm all very proud of you and wish you all success is work and life.

Last words... remember to be kind and thoughtful to each other.  Use the cards in the back and write a note to someone for their good and hard work.  I love each and every one of you and will surely miss you.  I will probably never have a better team beside me.  I'm glad to be able to call you all friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home